To complete the Vote by Mail application online you must:
- Be eligible to register and vote in Minnesota
- Provide an email address
- Provide your identification number: MN-issued driver’s license, Minnesota ID card or last 4 digits of Social Security Number>
To be eligible to vote in Minnesota you must:
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- Have any felony conviction record discharged, expired or completed
- Not be under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
- Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
Registered to vote? You do not have to be registered to vote to apply for an absentee ballot, but it makes the process easier. You can check your voter registration status online.
If you need to register or update your voter registration, you may want to do that online before applying for an absentee ballot.
Questions on voting, send us an email.